Sunday, October 14, 2007

A few new phrases!

There are lots of things about Prekindergarten that I like. Jessica is learning a lot, and having fun at the same time. She is figuring out the basic concepts of reading, and she is getting really close to being able to read. She is also making lots of new friends.
However, there are a few things that I don't like so much. The first is that I am constantly being reminded how fast my baby is growing up. The other things are more superficial, like the crying over who played with who during recess, and who isn't going to invite Jessica to their birthday party that day. The other thing is the interesting phrases and words that are constantly popping up in Jessica's daily conversations. Today Jessica woke up from her nap and said that she was a little hungry. I asked her if she wanted a string cheese, to which she responded, "What the heck!! You're a genius!!" : ) Umm . . . . OK Jessica!! A little bit over dramatic, but that's my girl!

1 comment:

Darci said...

Hey Em, it me, I just want you to know that I'm loving your blog. You sure have cute kids!