Saturday, May 3, 2008

Happy Birthday Jonathan!!

My Dear Sweet Jonathan,

I can't believe it's already been a year since you were born. It seems like just a few weeks ago that you were lying in my arms in the hospital looking around at everything wide-eyed and curious. It seems like just a few weeks ago that you were cuddling up and falling asleep on my chest. Just a few weeks ago that you were sleeping in our bed and reaching out to touch my face so you could fall asleep. Just a few weeks since you’ve wanted to nurse every few hours. Just a few weeks since we could put you anywhere, and not have to worry about you rolling off.

And now look at you!! You have learned to roll, sit, crawl and walk – and sleep in your own crib!! You are eating table foods, and drinking milk out of a cup. You are playing with toys and can entertain yourself. You are trying your hardest to keep up with your brother and sister. You love to laugh, and you love to make us laugh. You have an infectious smile that spreads across your whole face!! You love to go outside, and every time the door opens you race over to see if someone will let you out. You are mostly calm and laid back, and content to watch things happen around you. However, you’ve developed a bit of a temper when it comes to someone taking something away from you, or preventing you from going somewhere you want. I guess that’s all part of trying to fight for your rights with two older siblings!!

You are still so sweet. You still love to cuddle, and every morning before we get up for the day Daddy puts you in bed next to me so we can enjoy a few moments together before everyone else gets up. You snuggle in close and lay your head on my chest, just like you used to do when you were a baby. The last few weeks you have become very attached to me. You cry if I put you down, or give you to Daddy. You rarely want to leave my side! I know that even these moments will be gone all too soon, so in the meantime I cherish them.

I don’t want to forget these precious times. I know that there will be many many precious moments with you to come, and I can’t wait to be there cheering you on. Soon you will be talking, and running, and then before I know it you will be off to school!

I’m grateful for the times I can look back and remember the little baby you were and I’m grateful for the glimpses that I see of the little boy you are becoming.

I love you, and am so glad that you are part of our family. : )

Love, Mom

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Beautiful. Year one has so many changes and you have expressed it completely. Wonderful memories to cherish. It never ceases to be amazing to teach and then to watch as they take off and soar into life. Year one. The beginning. Love to all. GC